[mantra-button-color url=”#” color=”#47AFFF”] Why should anyone take art classes? perche’ prendere lezioni d’arte?[/mantra-button-color]
Because ART represents creativity, self-expression, communication, values, work, therefore an art class is beneficial in so many ways. Here are some of them…
1) Art is a universal language of images that everyone can learn to read. In art classes we study images. As we learn, our understanding of images affects our behavior and our needs, our hopes, and ultimately our view of life as a whole as it helps define our ideals. Complete literacy should includes the ability to respond emotionally and intellectually to images, enhancing verbal expression.
2) Art enhances a student’s perceptions. Artists tend to be more observant, conscious people. I teach art in a way that encourages students to examine the world around them. Someone designed the chair you are sitting in and the house you live in, it did not come about spontaneously or by ‘evolution’ , rather, someone thought about it and made such things with a number of purposes for them, including beauty and comfort. Art students learn to examine the objects and images around them and develop a greater understanding and appreciation of their surroundings.
3) Art always expresses values about the individual and society, about our natural environment, about beauty, home and family, love and lack of, work and play. All art of the past and present deals with these universal human concerns and when we observe art and make it we become sensitive to the fact that values shape all human efforts, and that visual images can affect people’s personal value choices. Advertisers know this only too well.
4) Art is always hands-on and appeals to all senses. Art is the visible evidence of work carried to the highest possible level and work is one of the noblest expressions of the human spirit. Art is work done to the best of one’s ability, for its own sake, for the satisfaction of a job well done. Art students see demonstrations of the process they are to complete, read or do research about the art, and then complete the process themselves. Nothing solidifies knowledge more than by actively completing a task. Although reading is very helpful in my art classes the focus is on creating artwork. Being able to look at a finished piece of artwork and say “I made that,” gives anyone a great feeling of pride and accomplishment. Today there is much talk about workmanship and productivity and every time we commit ourselves to the endeavor of ART we give strength and luster to these ideals. Art classes offer that opportunity.
5) Last but not least, students should take my art classes because they are fun!
Sign up here for the upcoming February 2014 Workshop or visit the Event/Classes page http://www.italianartstudio.com/upcoming-events
Feel free to contact me for more info.
Private classes and private group art classes available. Form your own group and I will direct you for a lot of fun!
Feel free to contact me for more info